Emergency Vet in Covington, GA
If your pet seems to be seriously sick or injured (or you’re not sure what’s happening but their behavior is alarming), call our hospital immediately at (770) 728-4302. We can provide emergency vet care to our patients during our regular opening hours, giving them first priority and administering whatever treatment we can to stabilize them and explore further care options.
Pet emergencies can be stressful experiences. At Hometown Vets, we’re here to walk you through the situation and help you and your pet in every way possible. Even if you suspect your pet’s condition might not be serious, we would rather you talk to us first so we can put your mind at ease.
What Counts as a Pet Emergency in Covington?
- Difficulty breathing
- Pain when handled or touched
- Bleeding from ears or nose
- Injury to one or both eyes
- Puncture/bite wounds
- Deep lacerations
- Swelling of the face (might be a sign of an allergic reaction)
- Continuous vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Blood in stool
- Straining or unable to eliminate
- Refusing food and water for 24 hours or more
- Ingested a poison
- Was hit by a car or fell from a high place
- Unable to stand/walk
- Can’t walk without falling over
- Head tilted
- Running a fever